Tuesday, March 6, 2007

sad sad thing

I can't express how sad I am...I'm done with another book...geez...here is the list
Well I started with Jane Eyre (what a fabulous book...story...movies...Im an addict if you didn't know...I own about 7 versions of the movie...its bad...really bad), then I read the abridged Count de Monte Cristo (whoo hoo for that, the real book is bigger than the bible), then I read Sense and Sensibility (ah, girly books!!), then I tried to read In Cold Blood (but since the book was so bad, I gave up and donated it to the hostel in Rome, should any fool want to read it...I wouldn't wish that book on anyone...its right up there with Conrad...and we all know that I just love him....heart of bloody darkness is the bane of my existence)...moving on, I read the Historian (very good...very cool and very fast), then I read Kiss the Girls (James recommendation...not bad..fast and easy...not a lot of thought involved...nice), after that I read Dracula (I got this far in life without reading that story...and somehow I now wished I hadn't...its any wonder Ive never heard of another Stoker book *even though he wrote at least two others*...Dracula is just boring as a book...really dull...good movie though) after that I had to buy two more books...I'm a reading machine on this trip...I almost wish I hadn't read all of the Peabody mysteries...that would have made excellent trash novels for the trip (I'm not saying the books are trash...I'm saying that they are easy thoughtless reading material...geez...I'm cynical this evening) 7 books in 5 countries...wow...i must be bored on the trains

No comments: