Saturday, March 3, 2007

Roma

Hey Guys and Girls!!
I'm so sorry that its been so long...I'm in love with Italy despite the funky Italian boys...We arrived in Roma, somewhat early...and stayed in a funky retro outfitted hostel..all they were missing was the shag carpet...The boys that ran the hotel were really sweet Italians (well one was Italian, the other moved to Italy via New York via Israel) I'm in love with these kids!! They did everything they could to be friendly and helpful...I need to email them and send the photo of James stuck in the elevator!! Our first couple of nights were rough because James got sick again...this time just worse than Florence...he has his deep voice again (according to the boys, he was practicing for Italy, with his Mafia voice) I am upset about one thing though...No Vatican Museum again this time...(damn the tourists!! the line was backed up TWO MILES and the other time we tried to go, the guards said it was closed, NOT FOR ANOTHER THREE HOURS...I want to say something nasty about him but I don't want my mother email me about my language!! although if Mom was there she would have said something nasty too) So again no chapel on this trip...I did however get to see some fabulous Bernini, Caravaggio and I dragged (literally) to see Julius tomb and Moses...Poor James...bored again...oh and sad news I am not sharing any of the twelve scarves I now own....its an addiction....a bad addiction

Hope you are all well!
All my love

jeannie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the hell you aren't sharing your scarves!!!!! miss you (making sad puppy dog face)