Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Cordoba

Good Morning to you all,

We are finally out of Madrid and made it to Cordoba. Madrid is nice,
but the hostel was horrible. Not in the sense that it had bugs,
smelled or lack running water, oh no it was packed with lots of
obnoxious tourists (Spanish, German and French) At 6:30 in the morning
when you went to bed at 2, I thought the normal world would be
respectful of others in the hotel...silly me....I was raised with
MANNERS!! ug I never thought I would cuss another language but at that
moment, I cursed every Spanish speaking person around me (namely the
whole city!) We took the earliest train ride out of there....8:30 this
morning. Cordoba is everything I picture when I think of a Spanish
town. Its a beautiful mixture of old and new. And the mosque, we came
to see is absolutely beautiful. And I like these people a lot more
than the people of bigger cities like Madrid. There isn't a whole lot
to see but since James is working on urban space, the parks, river
bridge, mosque and other shopping centers have made this trip worth
the effort. The next trip is out to Valencia via Spanish train (a
running pattern with us) As soon as we get there I'll send another
email. At the moment that is all I have to say. (whoo hoo short
email!)

all my love
jeannie

No comments: